AIA Course #: HAW572
IDCEC Course #: 102058
Subject Code: 2.5 Interior Design: Future Issues
One Hour Course
The world of work is changing rapidly. This course will focus on the changing role of work and its effects on the workplace. Examining what drives that change and discovering how the workplace is impacted provides critical insights and understandings in preparing for and aligning with the office of the future.
• Understand the changing role of work and its effects on the workplace and those who work in it
• Comprehension of the trending framework and why it is used
• Learn the forces shaping and driving change in the workplace
• Apply these trends along with culture, business performance, collaboration, and workstyles in the creation of meaningful spaces
2. Examine the changing role of work throughout history and the resulting impacts on the workplace and the “knowledge worker.”
3. Delve into what forces are driving these changes and the “trending framework” that they fall into.
a. Explore key social factors; work demographics, shifting nature of work, health, attraction and retention, and how they are compelling changes in the workplace.
b. Look at the rapid advancements in innovative technology, its current role and affects on the workplace as well as what the future could look like.
c. Consider the economic climate and its impact on organizational behavior and the places they inhabit.
d. Discover how a growing emphasis on environmental conscientiousness is shaping how and where we work.
e. Identify political changes and government behaviors motivating trends in the workplace.
4. Conclusion | Question & Answer