AIA Course #557; HSW
IDCEC Course # 100228
Subject Code 3.3 Interior Design Education: Research
One Hour Course
We believe Organizational Culture is… simply the personality of a company that contributes to a company’s sense of order, continuity and community. As a whole it is the prevailing values, attitudes, beliefs, artifacts, and behaviors. By using the Competing Values Framework Methodology developed by Cameron and Quinn we will engage in activity that defines 4 culture types, helps determine your own culture and how the knowledge of these culture types can assist in communication and design.
• Acquire a high-level understanding of Organizational Culture.
• Compare how different approaches to culture can facilitate or hinder workplace effectiveness.
• Recognize the importance of moving forward in an informed manner.
• Explore and identify how to use Haworth’s culture tool for culture diagnosis.
1. The business landscape and culture’s impact on business effectiveness.
2. Sharing examples of businesses that fit into the four different culture types and how they are appropriately managed.
3. Break out activity: Card Game Rules
4. Culture Card Game (CVF)
5. Design implications
6. Tools for assessment–the importance of moving forward with information.