AIA Course #:HAW555 HSW/SD
One Hour Course
Like many other industries, the profession of Architecture is facing new challenges and opportunities in a rapidly changing world. Adapting to change, meeting those challenges and capturing the opportunities requires a new way of thinking. In this one hour session, attendees will be introduced to the findings of Mindshift, a thought leadership group of multi-disciplined real estate individuals dedicated to holistic, collaborative and innovative thinking. This program will serve to raise attendees’ awareness by:
- Identifying the conventional models and key fundamental strategies driving the current system.
- Discuss the need for more effective delivery methods and cost saving efficiencies.
- Explore the emerging technologies and approaches that challenge the status quo and positively impact business performance.
This course will cover the following objectives:
- Provide an understanding of the waste and the characteristics of our current system and approach of planning a new space.
- Discuss the actions necessary in today’s marketing in order to reduce the waste with the current system.
- Share information on the role of Building Info Modeling (BIM), Lean Construction, and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Provide examples of the beneﬁcial results others have experienced by adopting this new way of implementing a project.
1. Examine the construction delivery models and behaviors that prevail in our industry today.
2. Identify new challenges and pressures within the current system and the drawbacks of maintaining the status quo.
3. Share the function and ﬁndings of Mindshift, winner of the Corenet Global Innovators award at the Vegas summit in October 2009.
4. Introduce new strategies and approaches that enable and leverage business opportunity.
5. Q&A Discussion.